Spiritual Songs Associated with the Liturgy
Some spiritual songs were used by tradition in close association with the Church's Divine Liturgy.
Before the Liturgy
This hymn (a direct borrowing from the Roman Rite, and now obsolete) was used in the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a processional hymn for the entrance of a bishop, or as a censing hymn before the Divine Liturgy. It is included here for completeness.
- Vosel jesi, (archi)jereju - You have entered, O High Priest
Before the sermon
In some places, it was customary to sing one of the following invocations of the Holy Spirit immediately before the priest begins his sermon.
- Carju Nebesnyj, Ut'išitel'u - Heavenly King, Comforter
- Duchu Svjatyj zojdi na nas
- Duch Svjatyj snidet na t'a
During Holy Communion
These hymns were used for singing during the Communion of the faithful.
- T'ilo Christovo prijmu - Give me your Body, O Christ
- Večeri Tvojeja tajnyja dnesj - Let me this day, O Son of God
- Vitaj miž nami - Come now to us, O Christ
- Isusa v svjatych Tajnach - Lord, in this holy Mystery
- O Isuse dorohij
- Plyvi svitami - Holy this moment
- Pripadajem pered Tebe
- Viruju Hospodi - I do believe
After the final blessing
These are listed in the Duchovňi Pisňi; it is not clear when they were actually to be used - presumably as recessionl hymns